Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
RaiderCard Library Card
Your RaiderCard is your library card. You should always carry it with you - it makes campus life easier! In addition to checking out library materials, you will use the RaiderCard to use the copy machines in the LLC. There's no change box - be sure to have value on your Raider Account in order to pay for prints.
Renewing Items Online
If you have library materials owned by GRCC, you may be able to renew them beyond the due date yourself!
- Connect to RaiderSearch Catalog.
- Logon (top right corner) using your last name and 7-digit Raider number.
- Follow the screen prompts to renew all titles, or just the ones you mark. Note the new due date - and you're done!
- If you have any problems or questions about renewing, call LLC Circulation at 616-234-3872.
If you have an interlibrary loan item that you wish to renew, please contact the RaiderLoan office at 616-234-3749. We cannot automatically renew those for you since the materials belong to another library - but we can ask if a renewal is available.
Logging into Library Resources from an Off-Campus Location
When you select licensed resources from the Library website, a logon screen appears.
- Type your last name and 7-digit Raider number - and you're "good to go."
- You will be locked out of our server for 15 minutes if you enter the incorrect credentials too many times.
- If your name & Raider # combination does not work, contact the Library Circulation Desk at 616-234-3872.
Dewey Decimal System Call Numbers
RaiderSearch Catalog: will identify the location and/or call numbers of materials owned or licensed by GRCC's Library & Learning Commons. Both traditional print and electronic resources are found in RaiderSearch Catalog. E-books, e-periodicals, and streaming media won't have assigned call numbers, but RaiderSearch will provide a link to the web-based resource.
GRCC arranges its nonfiction collections using Dewey Decimal System (DDS) call numbers, the same system used by most public and school libraries. DDS categories are:
- 000s-General (including computers)
- 100s-Philosophy and Psychology
- 300s-Social Sciences
- 500s-Math & Natural Sciences
- 600s-Technology (Applied Sciences)
- 700s-Arts & Recreation
- 900s-History & Geography
Library Fines & Student Holds
Please return your borrowed materials on time. See Renewing Titles Online or call Circulation at 616-234-3872 to avoid overdue fines.
Holds: At the end of each semester, Online Center holds are placed onto students with overdue materials. This blocks students from getting official transcripts.
- 25 cents per hour for Course Reserve materials
- 25 cents per day for GRCC Library books and audio visual materials
- 50 cents per day for books and audio visual materials borrowed from other Libraries
- If more than $10 in fines are accrued, a student will be unable to check out any materials (including laptops, reserve textbooks, headphones, etc.).
Community and Non-Student Library Users
- Members of the Grand Rapids community may borrow most print and audiovisual materials from GRCC's Library. Licensing agreements prohibit access to our e-resource collections.
- Community members must provide current identification (photo ID (Drivers License, State ID, High School ID) or, a Michigan Public Library Card. Please return materials on time to avoid overdue fines and replacement fees.
- With a Michigan public library card, GRCC will check out materials to you as a "Visiting Patron," and, we can offer you a GRCC guest library card.
- Computer usage in the Library & Learning Commons is automatically provided to GRCC and Ferris-Grand Rapids students, faculty, and staff. Community members may purchase ($10 per semester) campus computer access from GRCC's Applied Technology Center Computer Lab. During busy times, community users may be asked to log off computers to allow students access.
- Questions? Call Kevin at 616-234-3189 or the Reference Desk at 616-234-3868.