Who can borrow?
- This service is offered to Grand Rapids Community College students, faculty, emeritus faculty, and staff with a GRCC email address. Ferris State University affiliates may place requests through FSU.
- Your title usually arrives in 1-7 business days.
- Articles are delivered online to your RaiderLoan account. You will be notified via GRCC email as soon as the article PDF is available to download.
- Books and Audiovisual media:
- Pickup location - GRCC Library - 1st Floor, your title will typically arrive in 3-12 business days, and you can pick it up at the 1st Floor Circulation Desk. It may take longer if in use at some libraries, so order right away!
- Pickup location - My Home (Slower), the item will be mailed first-class as soon as it is received by GRCC, so allow extra time for mail delivery.
What can be borrowed?
- Books & Audiovisual Material
- Articles in periodicals not subscribed to by GRCC
What cannot be borrowed?
Many libraries will not lend the following types of materials:
- Entire periodical issues (but individual articles are okay to request)
- Genealogical material
- Rare, valuable, or unique materials
- Material with local circulation restriction
How do I return what I borrowed?
- Article copies are yours to keep.
- Books and audiovisual media must be returned by the date due written on the item cover slip. Return the item to GRCC's Library Circulation Desk; or home-delivery item by book-rate mail at your own cost re-using your package, label and instructions found inside it. If you ask a classmate or professor to return an item for you, remember you are the one responsible for its return and any accrued fines from GRCC or replacement costs from the lending institution.