1. In Blackboard, decide where to place e-reserve readings. You decide what works best! Some faculty choose Course Documents, and create folders for each week’s selections. In Blackboard, select “edit view.”
2. Select [Build Content] from the toolbar and scroll down and select [Web Link.]
3. In the [Weblink] form, type the title or the author and first words of the title into the NAME field.
In the URL field, paste the permalink (AKA: permanent URL, PURL, durable URL, etc.) and often denoted with a chain icon found within GRCC licensed resources. HINT: Links are most easily accomplished from OneSearch results screens. For extra functionality, see the tab corresponding to the database vendor where the title was found for details.
In the DESCRIPTION field, copy and paste the MLA or APA citation that many databases generate. AGC policy requires that professors cite resources used in Blackboard - plus, it models the activity that we require of students.
4. Most professors check YES under all the #3 Options settings. [Track number of views] clues you in as to how many students actually view the selection. [Submit] it and check to see how it looks. If you don’t like the way it looks, then modify / edit the information and try again. And, if you have any problems or questions with these functions, call your librarian
5. Before reusing readings or streaming media from a previous semester, it is a good practice to check each to ensure the links still works. If they don't, contact your liaison librarian for assistance. And, consider adding your liaison librarian as a TA in your class.
last updated 8/2/2019
If the resources you want to share are not in a GRCC database, it is very likely you still can use them in Blackboard, but professors must be cognizant of copyright issues. See the Copyright Subject Guide.
Professors are responsible for requesting permission and paying for copyright fees not covered by the CCC RightFind Annual License. Speak with your departmental chair before incurring any copyright charges that may not be reimbursed.