Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Campus Partial Shutdown (Updated 11/18/2020)
Due to GRCC's partial campus shutdown (also applicable to our Michigan lending partners), Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery will be returning to the lending and borrowing of online / electronic materials only. Physical materials will not be available until further notice.
What is RaiderLoan?
RaiderLoan is the name for Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan Services at GRCC. We provide students, faculty & staff access to:
- Resources (books, articles and media) not owned or licensed by GRCC's Library
- Home delivery of borrowed items
- Electronic delivery of articles
GRCC borrows and lends materials using two networks: MeLCat Michigan eLibrary and OCLC (EGP), a utility with a world-wide scope.
MelCat: Michigan's Statewide Library Network
If you don't find the title you want in [RaiderSearch Catalog], click the [Search MeLCat] button:
If your title appears in MeLCat, click on [Get this for me!].
- Select Home Library = [Grand Rapids Comm Coll] from the pull-down menu and click [Submit].
- Enter your [last name] and your [7-digit Raider number].
- Choose a [pickup location].
- Track your MeLCat loans by logging into [RaiderSearch My Account].
- Or, watch this video for more information and instructions from mel.org.
GRCC receives MeLCat and Michigan RaiderLoan Deliveries 5-days-a-week from all over the state of Michigan. MeL Delivery is a free service for GRCC students, faculty & staff, along with community members with a photo ID.
How does RaiderLoan Work?
[New Users Create an Account - OR - Sign in to Place a Request]
Who may borrow?
How long does RaiderLoan take?
- RaiderLoan services are offered to Grand Rapids Community College students, faculty, emeritus faculty, and staff with a GRCC email address. Ferris State University affiliates may place requests through FSU.
Your request will be processed by GRCC when it is received. Delivery depends on the type of resource you are borrowing, and how long the lending library and the delivery systems take to get it to you.
- Your article usually arrives in 1-7 business days.
- Articles are delivered online to your RaiderLoan account. You will be notified via GRCC email as soon as the article PDF is available to download.
- Books and Audiovisual media:
- [Pickup location - GRCC Library - 1st Floor] your title will typically arrive in 3-12 business days, and you can pick it up at the 1st Floor Circulation Desk. It may take longer if in use at some libraries, so order right away!
- [Pickup location - My Home (Slower)] the item will be mailed first-class as soon as it is received by GRCC, so allow extra time for mail delivery.
What can be borrowed?
- Books & Audiovisual Material
- Articles in periodicals not subscribed to by GRCC
What cannot be borrowed? Many libraries will not lend the following types of materials:
- Entire periodical issues (but individual articles are okay to request)
- Materials with local circulation restrictions
- Genealogical material
- Rare, valuable, or unique materials
- New books purchased in the previous 6 months
How do I return what I borrowed?
- See the instructions on the [ Place a Request] tab.
*For more information or assistance, contact RaiderLoan at 616.234.3749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also Ask-A-Librarian.
Kathy Schoen, Library Specialist - Interlibrary Loan
CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE: If you don't have time to wait for RaiderLoan, you may want to consider the Visiting Patron Program which allows you to travel to Participating MeLCat Libraries, and check out books using your RaiderCard and driver's license. When done, return materials to that library, or to GRCC's Library.