Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Scholarship Search Tips from Financial Aid
- Never pay for a scholarship search.
- If a school lists a web resource you should not assume the school endorses the scholarship or source.
- Use good judgment. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Check with your place of worship and fraternal organizations that your family belongs to, such as clubs, unions, work, etc.
- Check to see if any of the businesses (like banks or credit unions) you frequent offer scholarships.
- Do not provide contact methods that provide solicitors an opportunity to sell you products or services. Consider using an email created expressly for the purpose of a scholarship search.
Photo courtesy of Digital Ralph
LearningExpress Library This link opens in a new window
You must create a username / password. Type Scholarship Finder into the search bar. Use filters or keyword searching. If you type MICHIGAN into the Scholarship Finder search field, then all the scholarships available to students in Michigan will be returned.
TRiO Scholarship Opportunities
GRCC Scholarships & Competitions
Transfer College Scholarships
Check the scholarship site at each transfer school in which you are interested. Popular transfer schools are listed below.
Scholarships - Local & Michigan
Large employers often set aside some of their corporate giving funds for scholarships for employees, employee family members, and customers. Think about the businesses, financial institutions, churches and clubs with which you interact and seek out additional funding streams for your education. Always check the scholarship website for the most recent applications and criteria for inclusion.
Scholarships - National & International
Always check the scholarship website for the most recent applications and criteria for inclusion.