Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ebook Central Reading & Downloading
In Ebook Central, you can read, print, save and download a limited number of pages without logging in or creating an account (directions)
To download an entire ebook to your computer or mobile device, you will need to create an Ebook Central account and an Adobe Digital Editions account (directions)
Creating an Ebook Central account is the first step to take advantage of features. With an account, you can:
- Highlight and annotate documents
- Save documents and annotations to your personal bookshelf
- Create folders on the bookshelf to organize your research
- Download entire ebooks
To create an Ebook Central account (this is different than any other GRCC account):
- Click the Sign-in button in the upper right corner of the Ebook Central homepage.
- On the Sign In page, click Create Account.
Transferring eBooks to your eReader
Ebook Central uses Adobe Digital Editions to transfer downloaded ebooks to supported devices.
To transfer document(s) to an eReader:
- Connect your supported device to your computer and launch Adobe Digital Editions. You may be prompted to create or enter your Adobe ID.
- Adobe Digital Editions automatically detects your device and may offer to authorize the device with your Adobe ID.
- The device now appears as a new bookshelf in the library. Drag and drop the downloaded document(s) you wish to transfer.