- Open Microsoft Word Document.
- In the upper left hand corner, click on File then New
- The templates screen will appear. In the search box, type in apa.
- Then double-click on the APA style report (6th edition) template.
After the template opens:
- Click in the areas in [brackets] to replace the information with your content.
- Make sure you use Save AS and input your own file name when you go to save the paper.
- Delete anything in the template you don't want to use in your.
- Before printing, make sure you look at your paper in Print Preview to make sure you don't have any extra pages or left over content from the template.