Higher Education Databases - Find Articles, etc.
For specific results on "teaching in an academic field", select a database from your academic discipline's [Subject Guides]. The databases are listed in the order of likely best results.
Department Liaison Librarians
Every academic department and many college initiatives and service departments have been assigned a librarian. The liaison librarian is designated to be an information specialist for your department. Work of the liaison librarian may include:
- attending academic department meetings to better understand your curriculum needs
- creating and sustaining Subject Guides supporting your department
- handling collection development (selection & weeding) of the print, audiovisual media, and e-formatted materials making up the library collections supporting your department
- working on outside accreditation efforts (please contact your librarian one year prior to accreditors visits)
- one-on-one and/or department information literacy sessions for faculty
- advising on copyright issues
- creating information literacy materials for classes taught within the library's instructional program
- assisting departmental committees with research-related needs
If your department does not have a liaison librarian, please contact the Reference Desk at 616-234-3868.