Who can borrow?
- This service is offered to Grand Rapids Community College students, faculty, emeritus faculty, and staff with a GRCC email address. Ferris State University affiliates should place requests through FSU.
- Your title usually arrives in 1-5 business days.
- Articles are delivered online to your RaiderLoan account. You will be notified via GRCC email as soon as the article PDF is available to download.
- Books and Audiovisual media:
- Pickup location = GRCC Library - 1st Floor, your title will typically arrive in 3-10 business days, and you can pick it up at the 1st Floor Circulation Desk.
- Pickup location = My Home (Slower), the item will be mailed first-class as soon as it is received by GRCC, so allow extra time for mail delivery.
What can be borrowed?
- Books & Audiovisual Material
- Articles in periodicals not subscribed to by GRCC
What cannot be borrowed? Most libraries will not ordinarily lend the following types of materials:
- Entire periodical issues (but individual articles are okay to request)
- Genealogical material
- Rare, valuable, or unique materials
- Material with local circulation restriction
How do I return what I borrowed?
- Article copies are yours to keep.
- Books and audiovisual media must be returned by the date due written on the item cover slip. Return the items to GRCC's library; or by book-rate mail at your own cost re-using your package, label and instructions found inside it. If you ask a classmate or professor to return items for you, remember, you are the one responsible for its return and any accrued fines from GRCC or replacement costs from the lending institution.