RW 098 is designed to combine developmental reading and writing into one course where students develop proficiency in specific integrated and contextualized reading and writing skills. This allows students to accelerate through their developmental reading and writing sequence.
Remember that when doing a keyword search more words equal fewer results.
Social Justice and United States
Social Justice and racism
Social Justice and social conditions
Social conditions and equality
Latinos, Americans and culture
Hispanics and America
United States, citizenship and race
Immigrants and race
Search for books, ebooks, and media in the GRCC Library.
Try a [KEYWORD] search using one of the search strategies listed or try your own keyword search for your topic.
1. Develop a point of view on an issue.
2. Recognize the purpose of audience within texts.
3. Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
4. Classify and use rhetorical patterns.
5. Formulate and exhibit consistent tone and style.
6. Produce texts that exhibit sentence structure variety.
7. Demonstrate conventions of Standard Edited American English (SEAE).
8. Document sources and format writing using the appropriate style guideline.
9. Analyze structures and interpret meanings of various texts.
10. Infer and evaluate information within texts.
11. Use schema to monitor comprehension.
12. Develop writings in a variety of forms such as essays, summary/response writing, and reflections.
13. Create and/or organize data and information into meaningful patterns in order to interpret and draw inferences from it. (CT3)
14. Use well-designed search strategies to gather data and information. (CT10)